Australia's mid-sized cities area a major component of the national urban landscape. Excluding the five metropolitan areas, the next thirty five largest mid-sized and major regional cities house over one in five Australians. Collectively they are growing at a faster rate than the capital cities.
The Conference and Policy Workshop will examine questions such as:
- Which are our mid-sized and major general ciites?
- What is happening to these cities?
- What agendas are critical to their future?
- What policy responses and initiatives should be pursued?
- What is the role of local government and its respective functions in land use planning, economic development, housing and meeting social and community needs in these cities?
If you are interested in presenting a paper or attending this event, please contact Melissa kennedy, Conference Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
|conference flyer.pdf||1.04 MB|